Tuesday 14 August 2012

Monster...


Donna Wilson is one of my favourite Designers and for my birthday I received one of her 'Make your own Monster kits' which I was delighted with. Now my birthday was about 9 months ago...did I mention I had been busy...I just recently decided to take it out and turn it into a Monster.


One of the great things about these kits, and one of the reasons why I love Donna Wilson is that she provides you with a selection of scraps from her studio. Last bits of material, scrap bits of felts...better giving it a new life than just throwing it away plus it make each kit completely individual.


One of the pieces is pre-stitched into a Monster shape, you just have to trim it down turn it inside out then start playing around with ideas.


I decided to keep mine fairly simple and just played around with the felt pieces. I added a bit of stitching for detail and attached the majority of it together with gold old bond'a'web.


Once finished he was looking good but a little thin...in need of eating some stuffing (thankfully also provided).


All stuffed and stitched up he is finished, just needs a name...

No comments:

Post a Comment